Last modified: December 18th 2019
ClimaCell, Inc. (the “Company”, “we” and “our”) respects your privacy. This policy explains our privacy practices for this website (the “Website”). It describes the ways your personal information is collected and used.
This policy does not govern the privacy practices related to our products and services other than the Website itself.
If you reside or are located in the European Economic Area (“EEA”) Company is the data controller of all personal information collected via the Website, as set out in this policy.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
- Device and analytical data. We collect basic information about the personal computer or mobile device you use to access the Website, including its model, its operating system, unique device identifiers, browser type, mobile network information, the Internet Protocol (IP) address through which you accessed the Website and the approximate city from which you accessed the Website. We also collect analytical data about your use of the Website. For example, we collect the pages and items on the Website that you viewed or interacted with, clicks, access time, etc.
- Inquiries. If you contact us for questions or inquiries, or submit an inquiry using our “Request a Demo” form, we will collect the information related to your inquiry. This may include your full name, job title, email address, phone number, work address and other contact information, depending on the nature of your inquiry.
- We do not intentionally or knowingly collect personal information regarding children who are under 16 years of age.
- We reserve the right to access and verify any personal information collected from you by us. In the event that we become aware that an individual under the age of 16 has shared any personal information, we will discard such information. If you have any reason to believe that a minor has shared any information with us, it will be advisable to contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
USE OF COLLECTED INFORMATION
- We may use the information outlined above for the following purposes:
- To facilitate the access to and use of the Website, and to manage the operational and administrative aspects of the Website;
- If you provided your contact details or submitted an inquiry, we may use your personal information to contact you, either directly or through others on our behalf, including by e-mail messages;
- To improve and enhance the content offered on the Website;
- To enforce this policy, and prevent misuse of the Website and our services;
- To comply with any applicable law and assist law enforcement agencies and authorities, if we believe it is necessary or justified; and
- Take any action in any case of dispute involving you with respect to the Website
SHARING COLLECTED INFORMATION
- We may share personal information outlined in this policy, with others, in any of the following instances:
- With our service providers (e.g., Drift) – in order to operate, maintain and enhance the Website, facilitate our email communications with you and perform research, technical diagnostics, personalization and analytics; we may also share the information we collect about you with cloud computing service providers (e.g., Google Cloud (GCP) and Amazon Cloud Services (AWS)) in order to store or process information on our behalf;
- If you abused your rights to use the Website, or violated any applicable law – your information may be shared with authorities or other third parties, if we believe it is necessary or justified;
- With attorneys, courts and relevant third parties, in any case of dispute, or legal proceeding of any kind involving you with respect to the Website;
- If the operation of the Website is organized within a different framework, or through another legal structure or entity (such as due to a merger or acquisition), provided that those entities agree to be bound by the provisions of this policy, with reasonably necessary changes taken into consideration; and
- We may share personal information with our corporate group entities (companies that we control, control us, or are under common control with us – whether directly or indirectly), but their use of such information must comply with the policy.
- Communicating promotional and informational materials, in accordance with our marketing policy (see below under "Marketing").
- In any case other than above, your personal information will be shared with others only if you provide your explicit prior consent.
ACCESSING, UPDATING OR DELETING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION AND OBTAINING A COPY OF IT
- If you would like information in relation to your rights or would like to exercise any of them, you may contact us via email@example.com or our postal address provided below.
- If you reside or are located in the EEA, you may ask us to take the following actions in relation to your personal information that we hold:
- Opt-out. Stop sending you direct marketing communications. You may continue to receive services-related and other non-marketing emails.
- Access. Provide you with information about our processing of your personal information and give you access to your personal information.
- Correct. Update or correct inaccuracies in your personal information.
- Delete. Delete your personal information.
- Transfer. Transfer a machine-readable copy of your personal information to you or a third party of your choice.
- Restrict. Restrict the processing of your personal information.
- Object. (i) Object to our reliance on our legitimate interests as the basis of our processing of your personal information that impacts your rights, and (ii) object to processing of your personal data for direct marketing purposes.
- We may request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and process your request. Applicable law may require or permit us to decline your request. If we decline your request, we will tell you why, subject to legal restrictions. If you would like to submit a complaint about our use of your personal information or response to your requests regarding your personal information, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or submit a complaint to the data protection regulator in your jurisdiction. You can find your data protection regulator here.
- We may use the information we collect, as outlined above, to compile anonymized or aggregated information, either by ourselves or with the assistance of third parties such as Google Analytics. We may share, sell or otherwise communicate and make available such anonymized or aggregated information to any other third party, at our sole discretion.
THIRD PARTIES AND LINKS TO OTHER SITES
- When you use our Website, other parties, such as Google, may collect personally identifiable information about your online activities over time and across different websites.
TRANSFER OF DATA OUTSIDE YOUR TERRITORY
- We may store and process information in countries such as the United States and elsewhere. We may also process information using cloud services. In certain cases the laws in some of these countries may provide a lesser degree of data protection than the laws of your own country. Nevertheless, when we transfer your personal information to recipients in other countries, including the USA, we will protect that personal information as described in this policy and in compliance with applicable law. You agree to the transfer of your information to such other countries for the purpose of processing as described in this Policy, including through cloud services.
- We take measures to comply with applicable legal requirements for the transfer of personal information to recipients in countries outside of the EEA that do not provide an adequate level of data protection. We use a variety of measures to ensure that your personal data transferred to these countries receives adequate protection in accordance with data protection rules; this includes signing the EU Standard Contractual Clauses, verifying the recipient has adopted Binding Corporate Rules or adheres to the EU-US and Swiss-US Privacy Shield Framework.
- We implement measures to reduce the risks of damage, loss of information and unauthorized access or use of information. However, no measure can provide absolute information security. We cannot be responsible for the acts of those who gain unauthorized access or abuse our Website, and we make no warranty, express, implied or otherwise, that we will prevent such access.
RETENTION OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- To the extent permitted by applicable law, we will retain personal information about you for the period of time appropriate for us to fulfill the purposes outlined in this policy or as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes or enforce our agreements, whichever is longer.
- We may rectify, replenish or remove incomplete or inaccurate information, at any time and at our own discretion.
- In some circumstances we may anonymize your personal information (so that it can no longer be associated with you), in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
- We may use your personal information, such as your full name, email address, etc. ourselves or by using our third-party subcontractors for the purpose of providing you with promotional materials, concerning our services.
- Out of respect to your right to privacy we provide you within such marketing materials with means to decline receiving further marketing offers from us. In addition, at any time, you may request to unsubscribe and discontinue receiving marketing offers by sending us a blank message with the word "remove" to email@example.com.
- Please note that even if you unsubscribe from our marketing mailing list, we may continue to send you service-related updates and notifications.
COOKIES AND GOOGLE ANALYTICS
- A "cookie" is a small piece of information that a website assign to your device while you are viewing a website. Cookies are very helpful and may be used for various different purposes. These purposes include, among other things, allowing you to navigate between pages efficiently, enabling automatic activation of certain features, remembering your preferences and making the interaction between you and the Website quicker, easier and smoother.
- You may remove the cookies by following the instructions of your device preferences. However, if you choose to disable cookies, some features of the Website may not operate properly and your online experience may be limited.
- We do not respond to browsers’ “Do Not Track” requests.
- You may have a right to submit a complaint to the relevant supervisory data protection authority, pursuant to the law.
- We may change this policy from time to time by posting the modified policy on the website.
COMMENTS AND QUESTIONS
- If you have any comments, requests or questions about this policy, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or use our postal address provided below.
INFORMATION ABOUT US
The details of the Company are as follows: ClimaCell, Inc. 280 Summer St. 8th Floor Boston, MA 02210 USA